Ninja Village Rebirth

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ninja Village Rebirth

A Naruto/Boruto themed Role Play forum dedicate to having fun with your own custom character in this fan favorite expanded universe.

2 posters

Lifes hard, but its harder if your stupid...(Open)

Jikken

Lifes hard, but its harder if your stupid...(Open) Empty Lifes hard, but its harder if your stupid...(Open)

Post by Jikken Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:04 pm

Heavy rain battered against the roof of Jikkens' old barn, much of it seeping through the imperfections on the roof and into rusty buckets scattered across the creaky old floor boards. A sudden gust of wind blew open one of the barn doors as a figure cloaked in a beaten green parka stumbled out of the storm. Dropping planks of wood on the ground, the figure quickly turned back and got to wrestling with the barn doors in order to get them closed. The struggle was real as he pushed the doors against the blistering winds, a sudden gale blowing away his hood off; revealing disheveled blue hair, gnashed teeth, and determined brown eyes.

Once both doors were closed, the young man swung a hinged 4x4 piece of wood onto two hooks that served to lock the doors in place. Letting out a sigh of relief, Jikken stepped back from the door and pulled off his parka; placing it on a hangar near the doors which were now rattling from all of the wind. Incandescent light bulbs, hanging by cords, flickered on and off as the storm raged on. Jikken had reinforced the service mast that supplied his barn with power, with any luck his power would stay on so he could work.

Jikken headed through his barn toward the eastern wall where his tools and workbench were. Headsets, hand held video game systems, computer circuit boards, and many other electronic devices along with several books were sprawled all over. Some where broken beyond repair and others were disassembled for pieces. Picking up a radio, Jikken began unscrewing chassis screws which allowed him to separate its two halves to reveal its guts. Suddenly there was a loud bang which startled Jikken from his work. He waited a second before continuing to work. Then there were two more bangs, this time they sounded like they were coming from the barn door.

Setting down the radio, Jikken headed towards the door where the bangs began to repeat themselves. "Hello?" He called out, "Is somebody there?" He shouted out, looking out into the darkness through a crack in the door.
    Terran Lockheart
    Terran Lockheart
    Admin

Lifes hard, but its harder if your stupid...(Open) Empty Re: Lifes hard, but its harder if your stupid...(Open)

Post by Terran Lockheart Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:32 pm

It's a new day, but it all feels old
    It's a good life, that's what I'm told
    But everything, it all just feels the same

That is what was spinning through Kai's head over and over again. Despite not having done much with his short life at that point, he felt as if this was a retelling, or a second version. Looking around his room, examining the random objects, he could almost imagine there was a picture frame on his desk that was no longer there. His dreams were filled with memories of serpents in urns, of him killing a man, of a strange boat ride. What ever Deja vu was going on his head needed to stop, because his life was just not that exciting. Thunder boomed and lightning struck, breaking his concentration and causing him to flinch.

"Well isn't that a pretty sight." mumbled Kai sarcastically to himself. Rising up from his bed, he slipped his feet into the shinobi footwear that were waiting for him on the floor. This was not exactly the best weather to go out, but it was not raining yet, so he figured he might as well run to the store. The new game he wanted finally came to the land of water, and he was not going to miss his chance to finally play Final Star the 2nd! With a quick leap out of his window, he was off like a shot.

Unfortunately, Kai lived on the other side of the village, meaning to get to town was a small hike. He was not anywhere close to the tourism trade or the big department stores. Within a few minutes, the thunder and lighting that he heard before started back up, this time with a vengeance. That precursor quickly swelled into a full blown storm, and now Kai was stuck in the wet. With a quick flicker he made his way under a rather large tree that was offering a modicum of shelter, enough to at least stop him from being soaked to the bone. That was when his sight chanced upon a person running toward a barn. What ever the green blob was doing was really none of his business, but that barn looked like it was almost abandoned, was this something shady afoot? Was this just another stranger also looking to get out of this stormy upheaval? It was time to explore.

With another quick set of shunshin, Kai was outside the barn door. He went to open it up, only to have the doors flex with a loud bang yet remain closed. Kai kicked the door two more times, yup, it was locked. Why was this decrepit thing locked? The sound of the storm prevented him from hearing anything inside, so stealth was out of the question. There was however a gap between the doors, thick enough that one of his spikes could fit through. Splaying his fingers he unleashed a spike from the palm of his hand, through the gap in the door. The Genin aimed to just slide the spike up and knock free what ever might be holding the door shut.
    Jikken

Lifes hard, but its harder if your stupid...(Open) Empty Re: Lifes hard, but its harder if your stupid...(Open)

Post by Jikken Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:40 pm

A small spike ran between the two barn doors and knocked the 4x4 beam off the locking hooks; allowing the bustling winds outside to blow open the doors once again. Jikken, unprepared for the sudden opening, was thrown back to the ground onto his rear-end. The hanging incandescent lights blew violently from the sudden change in atmosphere causing some to shatter and others to flicker more violently than before.

"Damn it!" Jikken cried out, spotting the culprit who saw fit to force his way into his humble abode. "Whats the matter with you?" He shouted at the bandaged young man standing at his door step. Jikken quickly noted the boy had a headband on his forehead indicating he was a shinobi of some sorts. Morumotto got his feet beneath him and charged at one of the doors, grasping it with both hands and using the weight of his body to start swinging it closed. "Either help me close them or get lost!" Jikken had just purchased this rickety old barn, and he wasn't about to let some storm destroy his new home. With his door in place, Jikken readied the 4x4 to once again latch the doors shut, should the stranger decide to help him. It was the least the kid could do for suddenly barging in like he did.
    Terran Lockheart
    Terran Lockheart
    Admin

Post by Terran Lockheart Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:17 pm

Kai just blinked as he saw someone his own age sitting on the ground. Returning the spike into his hand, he scoffed "Whats the matter with me? You're the one sitting on the floor of a barn that looks like it belongs in a B rate slasher film..." At that point the kid stood up and told Kai to either close the door or get lost. Well, in for a penny, in for a pound, or however the saying goes right? Taking a step further inside the genin grabbed the opposite door of the stranger and shoved it closed hard. The plank of wood that did not make the best lock was then put in place, keeping the doors shut enough to ward off the weather at least.

Now that the noise was cut off, and the immediate scenario completed, this gave Kai time to look around. A coat rack and a work bench with a bunch of scrap on it. Yup, this was not something dastardly...this was just a barn. With a big grin that could not really be seen beneath his mask, the boy simply exclaimed "My bad buddy! I saw a strange guy, well, you, running in this dilapitated thing and thought maybe I found something mischievous haha!" He ended with a cheery laugh. "The name is Kaiyō, but I prefer Kai." Taking one final look around, his mouth just continued to spew words. "So whats up with this place? Your family own this? Is it abandoned? Wait, I recognize you, weren't we in the academy together? "

The sound of rain on the rooftop began to quiet. The doors were no longer rattling quite as hard. The storm seemed to be softening, at least momentarily. This meant it might pass, or swing back in full force, the joy of th eland of water. If the storm did quiet down, that meant he could at least venture on toward his game. Kai spotted broken gaming equipment on the work bench. Taking a step towards it and pointing "You play by chance? Final Star the 2nd came out today, its what I was on my way to purchase before this debacle."
    Jikken

Post by Jikken Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:57 am

Jikken was relieved that the stranger had opted into helping him get the doors closed again. Once the 'Lock' was in place again Jikken retrieved the two shinobi some towels and tossed one to them to Kai as he apologized. Letting out a sigh, Jikken began rub his head with the towel to dry off the rain water.

"My names Jikken, and this 'dilapidated' place is my home and work shop; I purchased it myself." Jikken stated, irritated by Kais description of his home, whether it was accurate or not was beside the point. Kai was also right about them being in the academy together, although while Kai was one to garner attention, Jikken made it a point to avoid the spot light which Kai antics made easier.

"I don't play much, usually just to check to see if the system is operating properly after I repair it. Keeping handhelds in pockets while jumping from roof top to roof tops is bad for the electronics but good for business." Jikken chuckled, following Kai to his work bench.

The storm began to die down, they must have been entering the eye which meant it wasn't quite over yet. "If you were looking to get to the game store soon then you'd be get going soon. Where in the calm of the eye and it'll pick up again soon." Jikken picked up a book bag full of refurbished gaming equipment. "I actually have business there. We can go together." It was sudden, but the situation was awkward enough for Jikken and he didn't exactly want Kai stuck at his place for the remainder of the storm. Jikken opened the barn doors and once Kai left he'd close them and use another piece of 4x4 to keep it shut from the outside. "I guess I need to make new doors..." He muttered to himself.
    Terran Lockheart
    Terran Lockheart
    Admin

Post by Terran Lockheart Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Jikken! Thats right. Kai remembered him now. Not much of a talker, didn't stand out much... Not like Kai, who was always looking to be in the spot light. "So this is how the other half lives." Adding a cheery smile. But he purchased this place himself? He doubted that he really wanted to talk about finances, especially since Kai did not own property, and there was a kid that did. Though much to Kai's dismay, Jikken did not play games, but fixed the,. That was his side gig apparently, which must be fun if you're a tech guy. "People are really dumb enough to take their games on missions? Sounds like a waste, but hey, it helped you buy this" He gestured wide. Truly meaning it as a compliment despite how back handed it sounded after it left his mouth.

Jikken pointed out that they should head out to keep clear of the storm. He would tag along, since there was business of his own. AKA, Kai had someone to hang out with! His new comrade had a santa sack of who knows what with him has he closed the doors, which he remarked were in desperate need of replacement. Yeah...they were kinda bad. There was a lot of stuff inside to. Was there no lock? Without a second though, Kai held his hands up to the wood, and projected out the spikes from within his palms to "nail" the board into the doors. "All locked up!" Kai never once thought about "unlocking" the doors...instead, he gestured to make their way into the town.

Once they made it into the bustling streets of the market district, ones eyes would be greeted with towering shopping buildings, vendor stalls in every nook and cranny, pop up locations with limited edition merchandise, and food of all types everywhere. Kai scanned the area quickly to ascertain the whereabouts of a game store. There was a six story mall almost directly in front of the metro, next to an arcade. "There we go!" Kai wasted no time to run up the wall, pop into the fire escape stairwell, and make his way into the fifth floor shop. Within two minutes he was back onto the side of the domicile with his new game in hand, leapng back to where he left Jikken. "All right, all set for me. Now lets drop off the goodies or what ever sack of treasure you have going on here." He had the game, he was happy. Games can be played when ever though, and his new friend interested him more. Kai was always up for new people and new adventures.
    Jikken

Post by Jikken Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:32 pm

Arriving at the game store, Kai immediately left Jikken in the street to scale up a fire escape of a six story mall. Jikken wasn't in a hurry, but he was surprised that everyone was out on the street. Some where cleaning while others were probably just trying to make what early sales they could before the latter half of the storm begins to pass by.  Turning down an unoccupied alley, Jikken headed over to the same fire escape that Kai had previously rushed up to go purchase his new game.

Jikken winced in pain, his right hand slapping the back of his neck and discovering a small bug had bite him. "A mosquito already?"  His vision began to blur and the genin began stumbling on his feet. "Wha-whats going on."  Suddenly, there was a tug at his feet and he felt himself dragged into a nearby manhole leading into the villages large and vast sewer system just before Kai would return; leaving behind his bag of fixed electronics in a puddle of water.

"-Will be so pleased, so pleased indeed." Jikken could hear the voice as he fell in and out of consciousness. He could also swear he heard the buzzing of insects as well and the voice to also buzz in-between sentences. "-get one sugar, two sugars maybe even three! Hehe"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm